In the second part of our talk Kathy Abbott takes us for a tour of her workshop and shows some of her bindings. We also talk about conservation aspects of her creative projects and Tomorrow’s Past — a project she’s been a part of for some years already.
Listen to this episode on:
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ibookbinding
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/ibookbinding-podcast/id1510257102
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWJvb2tiaW5kaW5nLmNvbS9mZWVkL3BvZGNhc3Q
Become a patron (and get more content): https://www.patreon.com/ibookbinding
Join us on:
- Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/iBookBinding/
- Discord — https://discord.gg/TJY5FeS
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/iBookBinding/
Follow Kathy Abbott:
- Website: http://kathyabbott.biz/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kathy-Abbott-bookbinder-713209642051535/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kathyabbotty/
00:00 – Beginning
00:08 – Workshop tour
02:40 – Board chopper vs. board shear
05:19 – Show & tell: design bindings, conservation work, and the Tomorrow’s Past project
06:02 – Unpublished early Poems by Alfred Tennyson
07:38 – Poems and Pieces by Frances Meynell
09:15 – The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare
11:10 – Winged Chariot by Walter de la Mare
12:14 – Making design bindings for yourself and participating in competitions
14:08 – Benito Cereno by Herman Melville
19:12 – Tomorrow’s Past: mixing modern and antique in a conservation-friendly way
Please Support us on Patreon!
Moreover, starting with the pledge level of $3, you will get a digitized vintage book about bookbinding, book history, or book arts each month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!