This time we return to Praxis Bindery, the studio of Peter Geraty. He shows us some of his bindings, discusses techniques, and shares some memories of old projects. In the second part of this podcast, Peter will show even more bindings and take us for a tour of his workshop.
Listen to this episode on:
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ibookbinding
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/ibookbinding-podcast/id1510257102
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWJvb2tiaW5kaW5nLmNvbS9mZWVkL3BvZGNhc3Q
Become a patron (and get more content): https://www.patreon.com/ibookbinding
Join us on:
- Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/iBookBinding/
- Discord — https://discord.gg/TJY5FeS
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/iBookBinding/
Praxis Bindery: https://www.praxisbindery.com/
00:00 – Beginning
00:59 – Troubles of working with velvet: Trevelyon Miscellany – Folger Shakespeare Library 75th Anniversary Facsimile Edition
11:35 – Impracticality of binding in velvet
14:00 – Current project: embedding mirrors in the front cover. Edition of albums of works by Joan Miró
18:56 – Sanding edges of the cover boards
23:26 – 21st Editions, Wynn Bullock album with an unusual box
31:53 – Centimeters vs. inches
35:30 – Atmospheric conditions and their influence on books
39:33 – 21st Editions, Mitch Dobrowner: Stormy covers
Please Support us on Patreon!
Moreover, starting with the pledge level of $3, you will get a digitized vintage book about bookbinding, book history, or book arts each month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!