Two Design Binding Exhibitions in London [iBB Live #8]
Stepan just went to London for a couple of days and had a chance to attend two exhibitions of design bindings held at the Maggs Bros. antiquarian bookstore.
One of the exhibitions is Drop Dead Gorgeous that contains fine Bindings on Kitty Maryatt’s La Prose du Transsibérien Re-creation. And the second exhibition is The Book Beautiful, organized jointly with Designer Bookbinders.
Both exhibitions are there until the 25th of October. We plan to show you almost all the books displayed there, but obviously, it’s much better to see them in real life if you have a chance.
Listen to this episode on:
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ibookbinding
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/ibookbinding-podcast/id1510257102
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWJvb2tiaW5kaW5nLmNvbS9mZWVkL3BvZGNhc3Q
Become a patron (and get more content): https://www.patreon.com/ibookbinding
Join us on:
- Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/iBookBinding/
- Discord — https://discord.gg/TJY5FeS
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/iBookBinding/
06:35 – Beginning
22:05 – Designer Bookbinders: The Book Beautiful Exhibition
1:00:07 – Drop Dead Gorgeous Exhibition
Please Support us on Patreon!
The minimum level of contribution is only $1 per month.
Moreover, starting with the pledge level of $3, you will get a digitized vintage book about bookbinding, book history, or book arts each month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!