Combined book press and sewing frame for bookbinding. Plates are made with plywood. All surfaces are treated with linseed oil and beeswax, and sanded to gain a silky smooth finish.
Press is available in three sizes and three plate thicknesses. All combinations available from 30x20x2 cm to 50x40x4 cm.
– 30×20 cm
– 40×30 cm
– 50×40 cm
– 2 cm
– 3 cm
– 4 cm
Sewing frame is equipped with a slotted bar and hooks to attach the cords or tapes to and to adjust the tension.
– Thread locations for steel rods are 3 cm away from each side;
– Steel rods are 12 mm in diameter (M12), to allow higher pressure;
– Steel rods are 30-33 cm long;
– The second slotted bar is included for your convenience to act as a second filling block between plates during storage of the press;
– Five washers included as a replacement for sewing frame keys;
– Four wing nuts are used both to tighten the press and fix rods and bar in the sewing frame mode.
Customization is available. Other sizes of plates, including square plates.