Classic medium finishing press for bookbinding. It is made from plywood and is available in dark or light finishing. All surfaces are treated with linseed oil and beeswax, and sanded to gain a silky smooth finish.
You can pick one of the three handle options:
– Plain steel nuts handles
– Steel core handles wrapped in rope
– Steel core handles wrapped in leather
For this press I use metal rods instead of traditional wood threaded rods. This allows to reduce the price considerably.
I, personally, prefer presses with metal rods because they allow you to apply more pressure if needed. A press with metal rods is also more durable — there would be no chipping as with a wood rod.
Flange nuts are fixed into one of the cheeks of the press to allow tightening with handles only.
– Jaw height: 14-15 cm (5 7/8")
– Jaw thickness: 4 cm (1 1/2")
– Between the rods: ~35 cm (13 3/4")
– Opening size: 10-30 cm (4"-12"), depending on your order (30 cm by default)
– Length: 50 cm (19 1/2")
– Rods: M16 (5/8")
– Weight: 6 kg (13lb 4oz)
Customization is available!
I can change the length of rods specially for your order (something between 30 cm and 50 cm seems to be reasonable).
All measurements are made in cm and sizes in inches are approximate.