Ten days ago, I have received an order an offer to bind an anniversary book for the upcoming 25th celebration of the beginning of the academic year at the lyceum where I have spent my three last school years.
The project was drafted pretty fast. However, I had to go to Saint Petersburg for a day on Thursday. That left me only until Wednesday to make most of the work (that is, a bit more than three evenings).
I have tried to make the process as simple as it could be. Still, it took 15 hours of work, and 5 more hours of repairs after a couple of after-the-midnight-mistakes, to finish the project.
In the video above, you can see the short version. Everything (with an exception of my errors) compressed in six and a half minutes.
I plan to write a post about my mistakes (I think that’s a subject worth discussing), and about a couple of other things I had to deal with during that project. Maybe next week =)
PS Book is approximately 30 by 40 cm. Pages are made of 150 g/cm2 paper. It is pretty heavy =)
PPS Sewing frame in the video is just one of my presses. I don’t have a frame that would accommodate a 40 cm page =)
Please Support us on Patreon!
The minimum level of contribution is only $1 per month.
However, starting with a pledge level of $5, our supporters get at least two digitized vintage books about bookbinding, book history, or book arts per month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!