This project is a bit out of our general scope. However, subject of cloth restoration and conservation in general and matters of working with silk in particular may be of interest to some of bookbinders.
Series follow textile conservators Monique Pullan and Hannah Vickers as they embark on an intricate conservation journey over the course of 11 weeks.
Here is the current list of episodes:
- Episode 1: Introduction
- Episode 2: Curatorial Introduction
- Episode 3: Conservation Assessment
- Episode 4: Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Episode 5: Surface Cleaning
- Episode 6: Backing Fabric
- Episode 7: Removing the Old Restoration
- Episode 8: Examining the Back of the Embroidery
- Episode 9: Turning the Embroidery
Please Support us on Patreon!
The minimum level of contribution is only $1 per month.
However, starting with a pledge level of $5, our supporters get at least two digitized vintage books about bookbinding, book history, or book arts per month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!