Following on from our popular Headband Gallery post we’ve had many requests for a couple of video tutorials on how to create and sew headbands (also known as endbands). We’ve crawled the darkest corners of the internet and have a found a couple of video ‘gems’. Note that videos shown above and below are works of other bookbinders and not the work of iBookBinding (these will come later…)
We would love to know what you think of the videos, please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
** Note that the first few videos have no sound, whilst the rest of the tutorials do. I would recommend watching them all as they each demonstrate different techniques and offer helpful tips and advice throughout ***
[youtubelist feed=”playlist” playlist=”PLPp2BP7zmBBr9NVs9v-RS9SfknYtL_ghg” playfirst=”1″]
Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get access to HD videos of hundreds of Book Binding tutorials and reviews!
Products Featured in these Videos (Click for more info / prices)
A summary of what you can expect to find in the video tutorials above:[support-website]
- A fantastic Step by Step Colour Tutorial on Making Headbands by Nat @ From Hell to Breakfast
- Another good headband tutorial on V for Books (tumblr blog)
- Edge Guilding and Sewing a Faux Headband – Bookbinding.com
- A little post with some good info on Endbands @ Badger and Chirp
- A collection of headband photos on Pinterest
- Monastic Endband Tutorial with some good photos
Please Support us at Patreon!
The minimum level of contribution is only $1 per month.
However, starting with a pledge level of $5, our supporters get at least 2 digitized vintage books about bookbinding, book history or book arts per month from us!
These pledges help iBookBinding to continue its work and bring more information about bookbinding and book arts to you!